Thursday, March 15, 2007

Send Us Your Stories

Tell us your worst/most embarrassing/saddest administrative bureaucratic problem during your time in the Yucaipa Calimesa JUSD. One of our unit members related the following story:

"It was the week before my father-in-law's wedding. My mother-in-law had passed away due to cancer, and my father-in-law had been devastated by the loss. He was fortunate to find a loving, caring woman he fell in love with, and they had decided the time was right to marry. I was scheduled to be their photographer. The YCJUSD Human Resources department called me and informed me that my interview was scheduled at 3:00 on the day of the wedding (the wedding was at 4:00 in Phoenix). I asked if there was any way I could either interview earlier, or do a telephone interview at the appointed time. I was coldly informed that if I was interested in the job, I must be there at 3:00, period. I missed the wedding and attended the interview. My wife and her family said they understood, but they were hurt by my non-attendance. Hindsight is 20/20! I could have stayed in the district I used to work in, and been treated better and paid more fairly than I have been for the past several years. I should have realized then what I now know: This district does not care a lick about fairness and decency."

Anyone have any others? Board Tour stories, nightmare administrator stories welcome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quick multiple choice question for anyone reading this post:

1.) I didn't post a story to this strand because:
A.) I couldn't be any more happy with this district.
B.) I am afraid of retribution should I be identifiable by the information I gave.
C.) I know someone who was fired by this district because of something they said.
D.) Let the past be the past, I'm out of here!

Anonymous said...

While Tour the School Board looks to see if the femals are wearing pants or Levy's. That is educational.